100+ Women Who Care is a group of women who gather four times a year for a one-hour meeting, learn about local charities, and donate a $100 check to a charity selected by the attendees. This combined donation makes a real impact, without time-consuming fundraising events and planning and the funds are unrestricted for the agency!
The thought of bringing 100 women together in one place for a common cause is exciting!
Simplicity – the ability to support a local non-profit with a small donation of time and money, alongside other civic-minded women while helping the community
It is a great group and the causes vary!
How do you know this is for you?
- If you don’t have time in your busy life to volunteer, want to help those in need, and can commit to one hour every three months.
- If you are involved with other groups but are interested in meeting other women philanthropists in Kenosha County.
- If you want 100% of your donations to go directly to a local charity.
What do you need to do?
- Provide one hour each quarter and a blank $100 check. This provides you with a nomination form and a vote! Place the name of any 501 (c) (3) Non-Profit you want to support and tell us who will be talking about it.
- Nominations are collected, placed in a hat and 3 non-profits are randomly drawn each meeting.
- A three to five-minute presentation about the charity chosen is made and does not need to be a representative of that charity.
- Everyone votes on which cause to support and majority rules. Even if you do not care for the choice, you still must donate. All checks to one LOCAL charity. No national charities will be considered, but local branches of national charities are eligible, to keep the money in Kenosha County.
- The top vote-getting charity receives all the money collected that evening and will receive within a week or two.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- Two years after being selected by the group, charities can be re-submitted by members for consideration.